Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed - oldiebutgoldie
You should get over 250 on all your steps. If you want people to consider you. Also apply into prematch programs, they usually take people over 50.
I would say aim for 260 . Usually we get a little lower than what we aim so why aim lower? Also dont compare yourself with any one else. I dont know which country u r from but in most of the countries exams are memory based. USMLE is mainly about understanding concepts . You can excel - Step 1 is the foundation and make it strong by understanding every concept very well. Good luck!
Step scores are way more important than anything else. The personal statement, LORs, don't matter as much as that score. The filter is the score first, with attempts. Personal statements and LORs get read after you pass that filter. A PD read my LORs during the interview, he had never seen them before. It goes Attempts + Scores, Connections, YOG, USCE, Research then like 20 miles of dirt then LORs and PS. The total package way of thinking is bs.
Thank you for your advices, salkhet25 and jjrodz, i will try to aim 260 and see how it goes. All the best to your match.
hey

can please share what is your cousin;s YOG? did she apply widely?my scores are also 230s,so i am kind of worried.
she graduated in 2010, i do not know where she applied though
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »