Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question - decemberbaby
How stupid is it to ask (or, is it not?) the interviewer at the end: what would you say the strenghts and weaknesses of this program are?
Completely normal question
it is a good question.
Probably just ask about strengths or notable/unique characteristics. Everyone hates getting the "greatest weakness" question, even programs. Try to avoid the generic questions that we find on these online lists, everyone asks them.
I think asking what they think are the weaknesses of the program is great question... and most people are too scared to ask it - so its actually not too generic.
I had an interview at Lenox Hill hospital in New York City, and it was the only program that I asked about the program weaknesses... everyone said "great question." Besides, it gives you some great insight into the program, and the faculty.
better to ask how do you want to improve the program or what changes are being done to improve the program

why use a negative word like weakness when you can avoid it, you might catch some people off guard and they can get defensive,
I personally wouldn't ask it. It seems too generic, and if you ask it by the end of the day I feel it might make me seem as if I don't have my own opinion based on what I have been shown/told so far in the day. I would try to make very program specific questions so that they know that you are interested in the program and that you did your homework.
I agree with @imhere, you would get a better response if you use less negative words like 'weakness' . What changes or improvements in the program that you expect or wish to see?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »