Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone tell me why i failed - zzzmm
I don't know about uworld.
I read first aid step 2 cs book. It always says ROS negative.
Negative history is part of hpi in that book.
What about physical examination . Did u do them properly because ice includes that.
Like in this case one would listen to heart at 4 areas for at least 5 sec in sitting and lying down position
I took a course in ny. Maybe u should take a live course . they can help u more probably in what went wrong.
Make sure u pass this time. Good luck.
HEy CRUSHER07

is it possible you can be my sp for skype...i would like to do few cases and get your feedback . please let me know. i will be very thankful.
thanks.
Sorry I don't have skype account.
Plus I too did borderline on ice as I mentioned and I don't know what I did wrong.
Its a very stupid exam. It shouldn't be there.
I'm going to repeat what i said before.

ICE = data gathering and interpretation. It is more than the patient note. Standardized patients have a list that they check off if you asked the right question or performed the right physical exams to illicit the right answers for the patient encounter. Then, actual physicians look at and grade your note.

If you are saying that none of your stars where on the borderline and on top of that some of those stars went below the fail space, you need a lot of work. You need to have someone look at your whole way of approaching cases to the way you write your patient note.

Oo, one last thing you kept mentioning that the case was similar to a case you had practiced on FA. Never approach a case like a case you have done before. why? what happens if they tweak the case a little bit. Learn from your cases but at the same time be able approach every case the right systematic way.

Good luck man!
Hey step2csbuddy

I am not saying case is similiar...i mean its how the book teaches in terms of approach and process required. And yes my xs are way below the borderline with an ASTERIK but it really doesnt make sense.
For each case lets say its 20 check questions: i am very sure i must have atleast asked 15 on each so wrote them in note...so how come not even 1 x in the gray area...confused.

I feel very positive about the practice i did. i studied 2 months about 100 cases and typed all of them. Had those read by friends who passed them.
Like if you test me or prac with me and see my notes later, you will like be like---wow wait you failed ? not to boast myself, but i put in lots of hard work and effort into it and thats why the cry.
in the head its not making sense.
HEY crusher07
ok no problem, but can you please tell me what course in NY did you do, i will look into it. thanks.
I hear you zzzmm. If you just want to get feedback on how well you perform on your cases take a mock exam. Gold and kaplan offer mock exams. If you want to take a course I provide personal tutoring.
STEP2CSBUDDY

thanks. I looked at your course, i dont live around new york so quite expensive to afford you. sorry.
ZZZmm,

I understand. There are good programs out there that you can use. A friend of mine took Golds and liked it. Just make sure whatever you do you at least try a mock exam with one of the programs i mentioned above. At least this way you will know where you stand. If you have any specific questions shoot me an email at step2csbuddy

Also, when i summarize: i say thanks for answer the questions, i would like to summarize the reason for your visit today and then just read over the main short history i obtained without mentioning the pmh psh fh and all that general history stuff.....

so are we suppose to say it all ? because during summary what if patient thinks oh he only got this much and not mark the rest of checklist because i didnt mention all that i obtained ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »