Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elective - ahmadsharaya
hello , is there a big difference beween doing elective in a clinic or a hospital , thanks
It is considered a lot better to do it at a hospital especially a teaching one and letters from these places are considered to be better as well.
What are you trying to do exactly?

It depends on what you're applying and for what reason. Electives are usually while you're still in medical school and in the last year of your education.

If you've graduated already and are doing this for USCE's, try to find one of each. Ideally, if it's for USCE's with no previous exposure, 4-6 months is what a lot of programs are looking for. That requirement is not set in stone and has so many variables.

Outpatient/Inpatient have their own value to residency programs but as satori said, better to find places (clinic or hospital) that are affiliated with teaching medical students and residents.

If that's not the case, heck anything is better than nothing.
I am a final year medical student actually 2 months left ; now i am doing my elective in a private clinic ; is that considered bad for the match ;i am applying for 2017 match
Thanks
President of (AMIQT), Dr. Peter Bernad, is board certified in neurology https://amiqt.wordpress.com/ and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact Ruby directly:
2112 F St. NW Suite 303
Washington, DC 20037
202-728-0099
rubyamiqt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »