Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious SOAP advice needed - doctordontstop
So I am wondering if I should apply to programs in SOAP that I applied to during the regular match. I did not get my CS result until December, so as an IMG, I know this limited the number of interviews I could get. Should I apply to programs that rejected me/gave no response in the SOAP or stay clear of them. I'm applying to FM and I'm sure some of these same programs will not fill.
Please advise
There is no harm in applying to SOAP, but keep one thing is mind that in SOAP there are only few % of total residency program available. With each passing year this unfilled spot are getting low and low. If one residency program has one unfilled spot. They will get thousands application in SOAP with great scores. They would not waste a time in looking at those candidate with attempts, old graduate, incomplete exam like in your case. The only way to get position in SOAP is either you are having great credentials or you are working in the program as research assistant or observer. I know two IMGs guy who got position in SOAP by working in the program as research assistant.

Lot of friends here on forum have very high hopes on SOAP. I am not discouraging anyone. we should definitely apply but do not have high hopes on SOAP. And the worse thing is that we are not allowed to contact the program director/coordinator/ resident or faculty in SOAP.
I doubt FM will care so much about scores. I'm hoping my US citizenship and fresh ECFMG certification will go a long way if I have to do SOAP (Praying it never comes to this).
Amgs go in first. That's the issue
That is true, but I'd like to think most applicants to FM that are AMGs will match.
I think your expectations might be incorrect. Just be ready
I just pray I match and all this talk is in jest LOL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »