Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help! Find observerships in Ortho! - antonse
Hi there) I need some your advice and hope won't ignore me. I am an IMG. I am going to apply for Ortho in 2018. Now I try to find observership/externship but it is difficult to get some for IMG. Could you give me some tips how to do it? Is it helpful to contact directly to most prominent orthopedic surgeons, directors of the programs etc.?
Thank you very much for help!

And congratulate all women with International Women's Day!
There is a really good Ortho observership/externship in Atlanta with a well known orthopedic surgeon.

What is your YOG, Step1 score, any publications? I'm applying 2018 or 2019 also, but dont think I'll have a chance at ortho.

Univ. of Louiville (Kleinert) has a Hand fellowship program that is used to training international fellows, maybe you could find something there.
Poincare, thank you very much! Whose this e-mail adress is?
Drbacchi - YOG is 2015, now I m in residency in my country. Step 1 score is 250, and more then 20 publications/abstracts/presentations although most of them is in my home country. Thank you very much!
We will do it, man! There is nothing impossible in the world If you really want and move forward your goal. I know! If you want - contact me and we will discuss our chances and what we can do to boost them up!) - studmma
Wow, thats a lot of pubs. I will apply IM because its a lot more realistic and Id like to go straight to residency after medical school. I would rather do IM than start ortho residency in home country. I think you really have the credentials to make it, just push for some US contacts and you can do it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »