Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help - meusmle
hi everyone

I will be taking step2 CK in 10 days from now

I solved the kaplan CBT(for the first time)----got overall 63%

Can anyone please tell me how is it? is it worth appearing in 10 days or should i read more---i am worried

thanks
Hi! I have my exam, too, in 12 days, and I, too, scored 64% in Kaplan simulated. I think it is not nearly enough...Kaplan is very straightforward, and I don't think that 64% corresponds to pass in real test. So i am taking NBME today to see if I should postpone or not. Plus I have been revising.

I suggest you take some other test before you decide....either NBME or the ECFMG cd test that came in the mail.
thanks hsar,i will take the the ECFMG cd today

lets see what happens

DID you try UW?
I did.......I don't know if it helped me or not! For the 2 months that I was doing UW, I was discouraged, because my cummulative was 50%. I realised that there is a lot of stuff (maybe around 30%) in UW that is out of Kaplan & too technical & detailed. I trust Kaplan ppl to put the imp stuff in their notes, and if it is not in the notes, chances are that it will not be asked.

Plus, I found out from UW site that the authors are a group of 5 medical residents who are formulating the qs!! I stopped doing UW that day.

But the good thing that came out of it is that now that I am doing some Kaplan qs, I am feeling very encouraged. I don't know if it is a good thing or not. Only real test scores will tell!
Ya me too.
I am currently doing UW and then some kaplan q
UW helps.

But is it necessary to take NBME?

good luck on your NBME!
I don't think it is necesary........I didn't take it for my step 1, simply because I am afraid of it :}

I am taking it this time because I want to save the ECFMG CD for right before the exam.
Thanks.......GL on your ECFMG cd test.
hi friends i am also in same situation.........exam in 2 wks.....UW cumulative 57-58% in untimed mode, subject wise, usmle cd blcok 1 37/46, Q.book(done half only)....60-70%
2 reading of kaplan notes...and now will start revising in remaining days !!................is it worth to take kaplan full length test as its of year 1999....and with 50 questions in each block.....so is it too old to take or what ???.....pl. give your suggestion ! thank you.
hi norwalk,

I think you should take one of those full length tests, it will tell you how fast you have to be in exam.
more so since you took UW untimed mode
i guess we are sailing in the same boat as far as the scores are

R u planning on nbme?
good luck!
i too didnt take NBME for the first step

anyways good luck

Norwalk,

Yeah, just take it for practice, if u have time........not for the score. You might find some interesting qs in it.
You have a pretty good score in UW.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »