Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only 1 Interview Lets get together - sara84
If it a strong contact or if you are voluntering in the program you may have high chance to match. Good luck to every one
@cadet133 I have same question... Do matched applicants inform program on 14 th itself?
@smlexamstep3 and others, do yourself a favor and read up online about Match timelines and what information will be available by what date and time. You will find out on March 14 if you matched. And on March 18 you will find the name of the program where you matched. between the two dates is the SOAP.
guys even if you only had 1 IV and you matched at that program. DO NOT contact the program till Friday when results come out. If you contact before that its a Match violation. You guys waited this long and being matched means the position is yours and not going anywhere so why the urgency.
@jane2016 I know all this and I didn't ask about these details. I am just asking since it is the only interview if you match you know that you are matched in that program on 14 th itself, so can you contact the program and express our sincer thanks on that day it self.

@takeonusmle99 Could you please let me know where did NRMP mentioned that it is match violation? Ya if it is so..better to wait.
When you sign into NRMP on the left side it says Match violation. Click on that

There you will see: MAIN 2015 Memorial Health-Univ Med Ctr-GA

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM, the Family Medicine program at the Memorial Health University Medical Center-Georgia contacted its 2015 matched applicants by email. Section 4.3 of the Match Participation Agreement prohibits matched applicants and programs from contacting each other prior to the general announcement of Main Residency Match results at 1:00 p.m. eastern time on Friday of Match Week.
@takeoneusmle99 Thank you very much. Yeah Just saw it on NRMP website, never noticed it before.
I guess still we can inform our mentors in the program by email and phone but not to the program director and co ordinator but I am not sure. Please let me know if you have any info. Thank you
What do you hope to accomplish by doing that?
usmlexamstep3@ I think your interview came due to a connection you had in that program. If that is the case yes ofcourse you can let him/her know of that.
Usmleexamstep3 y r u being so stubborn on contacting. ..sorry if I offended u...but y in the hell do u wanna do a match violation...and wats the purpose that it serves...u can thank them on 18th. ..jus thanking them on 18th doesn't make u less grateful but plz do not do match violation for ur own good..u never know..who may have a problem n report..
If he wants to take the risk and ignore everyone's advice, let him. It could turn out funny. I'd have no sympathy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »