Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Who MATCHED in PSYCHIATRY - usmleusmle55
Wishing every one all the very best for the match! May all those who have struggled get the fruit! I am an IMG and I have taken my USMLE step 1 and CS and would be taking my CK soon. I would be applying for the up coming match in Psychiatry but from the medical college I graduated very few ppl go to USA for their residency. I wanted to ask if there is any good soul out there who after matching, would be kind enough to guide this poor soul. The Future looks very bleak for now and the journey is still very very long.

My credentials are Step 1 : 202 / CS pass / YOG 2013/ CK : pending

I have a number of questions. My main concern is how can I go about finding the research position or observerships in USA.

If possible please add me on skype at usmleusmle55 or email is at usmleusmle55 or if you can leave ur ID I can add you.

Again GOOOOOOD LUCK everyone! May You all match!
Anyone match?
I matched in psychiatry =)
@freud could u share ur credentials please?
bump
@usmle55 u should start looking for research as early as possible cause paperwork and visa takes a lot of time nearly 3 months, to get a research position send emails to doctors and tell them that you are interested in their research field and that you are willing to spend a year as a volunteer, by the way, I am in the same boat, step1 227 cs&ck pending yog 2013, psych applicant
@samoo Thank you for the reply! If you can give me your skype ID or add mine we can be in contact for the coming match.
sure i will add u
Congratulations, freudianslip. I remember seeing you post in the Psych 2016 thread. Smile
Hi yeah my scores are not that good but I think I did well in the interview. YOG 2014/Step 1 190's first attempt/Step 2CK 210+ (2nd attempt)/Step 2 CS pass first attempt/Step 3 200+ first attempt. I think taking Step 3 is what really boosted my ranking, also I volunteer weekly in psychiatry, work full time at a doctor's office, and recently did a psychiatry observership so those are all things that helped as well. I got 3 interviews. If I can match in psychiatry, you can too! Good luck everyone!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »