Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
greif? - aashi
difference b/n GRIEF and PATHOLOGICAL GRIEF?
PLS ANYONE ????
--iam not sure but since nobody answeered --i am just opening the floor

grief is normal response to loss/ pt identify himself as a normal person --they wll say that hspouse used to love her or him and willl feel that spouse is dead for sure and prey for him if not have aresentment. but in pathological grief there may be abnormal attachment have feeling that see or he is with her or him all the time or she or he is herself or himself is also a dead person------

and may be time frame is also imporatant if grief goes more than one year it is pathplogical grief

i wiil come to back to explain again after research--but i hope iam right here --forgive me if iamnot.
if grief like djyoti said goes too long and you have signs and sx of major depressive d/o normal grief becomes pathological.

"pathological grief"can also occur when the original grief is not felt; when it is suppressed or delayed.
Individuals with this problem may present with somatic or behavioral problems. In this case the emotions associated with the loss find expression through inappropriate channels. An example would be someone who seems unaffected by a loss but then develops a "lump in the throat" or some other symptoms for which no physical cause can be found.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »