Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good credentials, good interviews, still unmatched - duke
I realized that this match process is totally unpredictable. I have good credentials, YOG 2012, all exams passed in first attempts, research, 2 publications, USCE, no visa issues, best feedbacks from program directors, even one of them was so amazed that cried during the interview. Emails saying they wanted me. I had everything and most importantly I was always down to earth and humble. Today I got the worst news of my life when I see that I didn't match. I want to die. I honestly lost my hope. I just hope to some random program in the SOAP can see something on me that other programs pretended to do when I was interviewing with them.
I am sorry duke. It could be your year of grad unfortunately. I hope you match in SOAP as well. Good luck!
Did you apply to all the programs?
@drpepper4u: could be! But if that's the case, why they called for an onsite interview in the first place. Ridiculous.

@ricandoctor: I applied to the 45 that are allowed
I mean for the Match.
I know exactly how you're feeling Duke. This was my second Match and I didn't Match. I had amazing credentials and received emails expressing their interest in matching me and today once again was the worst day of life. The first match was depressing. But today I nearly lost it. People say to not give up, but I doubt I have any chances of Matching during the next season.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »