Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Pathology - unvarnished
Hello all!

So I have been an observer of this forum and I did not match this year. But hey, life gives us its lemons right. Anyway, I had three interviews in family medicine, YOG 2015, carib grad, 220/220/CS (passed on 2nd try). So I have a question for you path guys. I might have realized family medicine is not for me. How competitive is pathology? And would a trifecta 220/220/220 be able to match into path even with a CS attempt? Please let me know your thoughts guys!

u need to be able to demonstrate commitment to this specialty. If this is an option because u have exhausted the other specialties, then its going to be tough. Pathology demands commitment. If ur cv shouts that loud and clear u have every chance to make it.
Thank you for the advice @rosaiackerman.

I have an interest and I don't know where to begin this journey. I'm not sure if it is too late for the 2017 season but I want to get into research. Hope all is well!
all the best in ur pursuit!
Agree with rosaiackerman. It should be tailored to pathology...
Which means decreasing chances of clinical branches such as IM. So you need to decide which path carefully..
congrats to all of you who matched!

what does one need to do to get into pathology?
how to make cv for patho.
Iam a old grad 2004 with one attempt in step 1 .rest all steps cleared 212 score in 1st attempt.

please guys
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »