Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not matched! - lithium12

This was my 3rd matched! Unfortunately did not matched with 3 IVs. Those who have matched 4th time around can you please share any tips on applying to programs. What to do now? I am prepping for step 3;but what other additional things needs to do? Please share any tips!
Report Abuse
Tell us more about your credentials and applied programs?
Step 1:203
Step 2:206
Step 2 CS: pass
Graduation year: 2013
All in 1st attempt, applied the family medicine and internal medicine.

This year had 4:IV 1:FM and 2: IM. 1:preliminary
Honestly, your English sounds like it needs some improvement. Speaking better English will improve your chances with interviews. Not trying to offend.
I'm quite impressed that you were able to get that many interviews given your credentials. I know there are people who have better credentials than you and still did not get any interviews at all. But I agree with the above, the problem may be the interviews themselves which you need to work on.
I do not think it's my English; but may be my confidence during my interview might have been a problem. Also during 1st and 3rd interview each time I was pregnant. I am not sure if that affected there decision? Well regardless any guidance on what to do from here? Currently I am working in a pain management clinic.
Don't worry lithium12. You tried your best. I am in the same boat. You will definitely match next year. Keep your hopes high. Hats off to you since you are balancing your career and family side by side. Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »