My credentials, - cetamool
YOG 2013,
Step 1 first attempt 245
Step 2 first attempt 224
CS first attempt pass
Research for a year
7 Observership rotations.
Interviews 6...
Three of them sent me wishes to see me on JULY.
One program sent me a poster by mail and mentioned it frankly that there is a very big chance for you to join our residency program.

And Didn't MATCHHHHEDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!
That's ridiculous, unpleasant and frustrating...
I am sorry, thats very unfortunate.

Were all the 6 from the same specialty. How was the IV experience, did you feel you nailed it on your way back?

The truth about the emails is that they really dont mean much. Its become a norm for applicants to send letter of interest to ALL the programs they interview at and surely it also happen vice versa, so dont worry too much about that.
All of them for the same specialty, I was pretty sure that I am gonna match..... one of the emails form chair man was after around 40 days of my interview and he mentioned that what we were discussed during the interview in the email.. so he remembered me very well even after 40 days!
But what's happened was the opposite didn't match....!!!
That is odd indeed, the unpredictability of the system is quite horrendous, dont let this beat you up for long though, its very unfortunate but you got a very 'matchable' profile and its just needs a little more time of trial and effort.
Thank you @thedoublehelix .... dunno what to say!
Very sorry to hear that u didnot match, give step 3, if possible do an externship, I hope that will make a difference, in a lot of community programs that I interviewed, i understood they really like hands on clinical experience and doesnot give that much importance to research. Good luck!I hope u get a spot in soap.
Thank you @acestep2 for your wishes. Hope to get something during the soap too
what's your visa status?
I don't need visa too, to be more happier you brought it up
@cetamool which speciality did u applied for?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »