Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
* failed ck 2x, how to pass on 3rd time pls? - macru
somebody spam my post.

what do i do guys? i can't figure what to do on passing ck!

step 1 pass on 2nd attempt, 199, 2015 grad, no residency yet.

attempt 1 = 174 (2 month study)
attempt 2 = 198 (took 3 month later)

i studied + read for 5 months using kaplan notes (read 2x), mtb 2ck + mtb 3 (read 2x), uw (x3) times online tutor 1st in subject, then random timed. nbme 4 205, nbme 6 199, nbme 7 188. uwsa 211

what do i do on 3rd attempt to study? frustrated to look at mtb and kaplan again Sad

pls don't spam my question with advertising. i don't want to buy anything like that.
give yourself now a 1-year study and do the UW over and over , go over the weak areas of (which the original usmle said these are weak ) and then take NBME7 and know where r u standing.
1 more year? i don't have that kind of available time and i think i would be admitted to psych hospital. Big Grin i need to finish ck asap and then take cs and apply for step 3 so i can get that in for residency application next year.

i just ecfmg approved again for apr-may-jun and hoping 60 more days somehow.

i don't have the mental energy to read kaplan notes or mtb's again after 2x on both. that took a lot of time and on the exam, did not help me as much as i thought it would.

i just bought uworld ck again but it's getting harder to learn from after doing it thrice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHdL3hbyNY
listen to this youtube video by Karthik Iyer who scored very well on step 2 ck (273), I don't know if this will help you, but it may help someone else who is yet to give the step 2 ck.

hey macru really sorry to hear that..
if you think you know everything about kaplan notes and mtbs..then go ahead and solve all the subject q in timed mode as if you are giving the real exam and see your performance

there is no shortcut for studying you know yourself where you stand ,whatever the score was you reached till that score and you need a little more push a little hardwork...
also I read about kaplan q bank book its good you can try..
thanks for the links and motivation. i am still thinking of doing more mcq's but not sure what to add on top of uworld. uworld alone for me wasn't enough.
you can go for kaplan q bank...well many don't prefer it ..however I liked it for two reasons ,one it has long questions that will increase your speed of reading another I felt it makes you conceptually clear..
its my view....everyone has there own method of studying..
good luck
ddd
ddddd
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »