Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old grad ..... Matched . - seseraza
Congratulations!!
How did u get Externship?
Thank you all for your kind wishes.
Csprep and samch, I will email you.
As for externship/ subinternship, I applied at Providence Hospital, DC . It's a very selective program and majority of people get in there based on contacts. Not my case though . I had no contacts. So again, apply there and hope for the best like I did.
Even observerships help. Wherever you go, just take interest in the activities, volunteer to help interns, residents and patients, be pro-active, keep reading and learning, say out answers to questions without fear of being wrong , and last but not the least, be kind to everyone. Don't judge people for their weaknesses and shortcomings. Facilitate and help everyone.
Whatever I have written is not even half of what I have experienced. All that heart ache, explaining to everyone about so many red flags in my resume ( incomplete residency, step 2 given in 2005 with passing score but considered an attempt , completing my steps after the 7 year cut- off , gAp of 5-6 years, child with issues ).
I was made to feel like a loser in my interviews in my 1st match . Not even my great scores could help me b/c I started feeling like a loser, not able to explain my position properly. I vowed to change that in the next match.
This time around, I went in all my interviews prepared for all these questions about my weaknesses. I told them my story, my reasons, my determination. Nothing made up. I was always prepared for any kind of case scenario or Med questions. I knew that there had to be a program which would see me for what I can do , not for things in my past that I could not change / improve. I believe I have Found That One Program ! Thank You God. And Thank You All for listening to my story.
God Bless .
my email is snaureen5
I also need some guidance. Thank you and many congratulations on your success.
Just wonderful!!! Congratulationsssssss!!!! So inspiring for all old grads.
Congratulations and MashaAllah.ppl like you are an inspiration for heartbroken med graduates out there.
My email is coolrab_18.
Kindly reply me at ur ease.need some guidance.
to OP:

I also matched.

I had similar struggles but it is nothing compared to what you went through. I also moved to the US 2012. I had to play my role too as family man and had 4 year of gap before I matched 2 days ago.

I am going to thank God everyday, for the wonderful family that I have and for my career now.. It is possible to have both, I almost believed it only a dream.

take care.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »