Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mph-opt - deancock6
Hi! Just going to finish an mph program and wonder if I could apply for f1-opt to do ob or extern? Any idea? Is that my degree related? Thank you!
is it better to do MPH or externship/observership to improve chances for residency?
In my opinion clinical experience is more important than MPH or MBA. During all my interviews PD's asked what clinical experience do you have for the past 3 years. They dont care if you are in research or MPH program as community programs dont give a shit about that.
Thank you for your answers
But my question is not whether it is important or not to do an MPH, instead, I am asking if I could use MPH-opt to do ob or externship, anybody has this experience? I am almost done with my MPH.
@deancock6: I think its possible; though you would have to clear it with the institution where you are getting your MPH.
Yes you can. People even do observership with B1/B2 visa, why can't you do it with F1-Opt visa. I even know many Caribbean Img Medical students who did their 2 year clinical rotation in the United State with B1/B2 Visa. The only problem is that you have to look for a job with your opt that is related to MPH while doing observership because if you don't do that and you accumulate more that 90 days of unemployment, you are violating your immigration status. Hope this helps. if you have other questions, please let me know. I have done MPH and I have used my OPT, so I know so many things about OPT.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »