Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice - didnt match - johnnyd
hey guys...2015 grad. this was my first match and i was unsuccessful. I only got 1 IV.
I know I need to enhance my application for next season.
my scores are 21x, 23x, cs - all first attempt. all us rotations, research, and pubs. need visa.
I am planning on writing step 3. In addition, I am considering doing either an MPH or externship/observership.
Which one of these do you think is better to increase my chances in next years match. Thanks in advance.
You have good credientials man. The only problems is VISA. Go to the AAFP conference in July and make connections. Most of my interviews came from there.
I have been advised that IM is better for those who need visas...should I give up on fm and just focus on im then?
Since I have recent clinical experience, would an mph be better than getting more clinical experience in the year ahead?
Target IM. They offer visas.
Stay strong
i would do my best to get as many interviews as i can for next year. IM OR FM doesnt matter you just gotta hustle. IM does sponsor visas but IM is very competitive. can you not do MPH and clinical experience at the same time?
I could do an online mph from a 2nd tier school, which would allow be to gain clinical experience. Or I could do an in-person MPH from a tier 1 school without clinical experience.
@jungle001: Please email me the details of the AAFP conference at kluzige@outloo.com

Thanks!
Google aafp conference you can find it. Usuaully happens in kansas.
Great advice here, you really should do step 3 before next match as well, start studying asap just in case you do not pass the first time. Have it done before september
Take step 3 and get a good score on it. Clinical research helps
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »