Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to do after that? - eagleswan
so spent a lot of money,no match,no SOAP...what should we do next? just spend more money for research and externships and apply for next year match and also very little chances to get matched Sad this is frustrating
agreed; it is a money draining repetitive cycle with no guarantee or end result. You are always kept in a state of limbo unlike people who pursue other careers in the US. You are kept at the mercy of those who may or may not give u an interview depending on their whims.
DonĀ“t think that topic tonight.
Sleep.
Run and talk with friends/family.
And only then think about that.
Hi guys,

I enrolled with Dr. Brian last year after hearing positive reviews from my seniors. His strategies have helped me tremendously in tackling interview questions. Although I did not match, he never stopped supporting me. He reviewed my CV and advised me how I could improve it in the 6 months leading to September. This helped me to get interviews from very good university programs.
Dr. Brian never makes us mug up answers. He focuses more on delivery and helps us filter some of the content thereby making our answers to the point.
For the number of hours he puts in and the practice we get, I believe this is a very good investment.
At the end of the day his practices for interviews are equivalent to UWORLD for the steps.
There is still chances of getting IVs, some people will be getting IV in January as well, dont loose hope.
I thought I was the only discouraged one! This forum shows me that a lot of people are struggling. Some of us have been struggling for over 15 years! In the end our will to stay in the game will determine our future.

So yes research, yes apply to PhD. Apply to nursing, physicians assistant or work as a medical scribe... there are ways. I am still in the struggling phase. I want to give up. Gave up a few times.

Life will never be easy. Even after you are a flourishing physician.

All the best.
@annsosam contact me at mhdamersoued @ gmail....im in the same boat!!! lets do it and courGE EACH OTHER
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »