Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched in Psych! - oxytocin07
hi all--some of you might remember me from the psych invites forum this interview season. I am a US-IMG and matched in psych with attempts on my steps and was so scared come this past Monday but so happy to match! My stats-- 20x/21x(2)/P(2)/no step 3/USCitizen
I know how stressful this process is because I did not match last year. Here to help any way I can!

Oxytocin congrats!!!!!
What did you make your cv strong for psych??
I know psych looks at the whole picture and sincere interest in psych.
Luckily I did 3 rotations in psych.
Did you do anything else?
@strength23
I have a publication in psych, and made many contacts, did many rotations (6 months)
I also have a college degree in psychology, which many programs liked during interviews. Worked at a psych crisis hotline for 2 years and wrote a (I think, and hope) very compelling personal statement geared toward psych. I believe all of these things helped.
Appreciate this advice. Lmk if your going to study for step 3 before residency.
I plan to take this exam in July.
Gluck and congrats to your awesome work!
I have a similar profile, low scores with work experience in psych (no psychology degree though) and step 3. Most of my interviews were psych, i'm hoping I get it. It's premature for me to say, but I think a strong PS and being able to speak passionately about psych is pretty important, not just lip service but actual real-world experience. I really hope I get psych.
@oxytocin07- Can I please email you for questions? Thanks!
or skype?
Thanks for sharing your great news and your credentials! Congratulations!

On the other hand, it is getting scary how much more competitive psych is getting. Sad I don't get to apply until next year. Starting to think FM might be the most realistic way forward for IMGs.

I'm glad it worked out for you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »