Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we make connections??? - lucky111
Dear forum friends!!

Congratulations to those who matched! & my prayers for all those who did not! I lost it second time despite having nice scores!, although I'm an old grad >5yrs.

I'm wondering how do we make connections ? I mean strong enough to help you through the process!

It was very sad when I asked the Attending's whom I worked with to write letters for me-- after working for the in hospital-- they would seem very busy , would be very hard to follow-- wrote generic lors!

There are already a bunch of ppl working on getting a spot in a specific program -- with hard core contacts! Don't know but somehow even reaching for connections seem impossible to me in such situation!

Please suggest..! I would be very grateful to any inputs..

Than you!

Thank you!
I know seems a dumb question.. But any one?
I'm going to be very honest with you. I don't believe in having connections as a way to get a residency spot for two reasons. First, the people in the program, whom you know, have to agree that they will recommend you and follow through with that. If they're not able to do so for any reason, then having connections or contacts is meaningless. Also, isnt it better to earn a residency spot based on your hard work and persistence rather than having to rely on someone to get something for you? One thing I learned is that you should never rely on people to do things for you, because in general people will disappoint you. But anyways this is how I feel about connections.
Connections are the only way for some people and the only way for some programs
Making connections to get into residency is irreplicable. If you are even not be able to ask for a solid LOR, forget about making hard core connections. If you happen also to have multiple red flags in your applications, you may consider other jobs. People should have some insight into the real reality but sadly a lot of people don't.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »