Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few things I've learned - vidya23p
I was always an average student. When I was graduating high school, my answer to the common question of "so what do you want to be in the future?" would be "a doctor". I can't tell you how many people either laughed, said something sarcastic, or told me i would fit into any other profession. Everyone doubted me except my parents and my brother. I've some such a long way and what I've learned is:
1)tune out those negative people whether it is a friend or family member.
2)believe in yourself, if you have a burning desire within you to be a physician then follow your dreams and don't let other people dictate your life. No matter how long ago you graduated.
3)take advice from the right people. An Aunty or uncle who graduated 50 years ago and who does not have knowledge of the current residency process may not give you the best advice.
4)take time to be happy. It can be so stressful but go out for a day and do something that makes you happy. Don't wait for "if so&so happens then I'll go have fun".

This was just my 2 cents. Those of you who didn't match this year, things will get better , keep fighting for your dream!

If anyone needs help or any advice don't hesitate to reach out to me Vidya23p
Thank you very much.. even though at the present moment you could feel like it is the end of the world It is not..It just a battle that I didn't win .. You will see from me again.
Thank you very much Vidya23p .Good luck through your residency
Thanks vidya23p!
@vidya23p
can you please share your program list with me? my email oldgrade2010.
I really appreciate your help.
Here is what I've learned:

Don't trust program directors.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »