Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't match, but not upset like previous year - risperdal
Applied for the 4th time, Applied to Psych only, 3 IVs... Didn't match. Those who took advice from me when they started medical school, matched and I will still be looking for a position and will be looking for more opportunities.

Now, I should feel depressed. I am sad that's true but I have learned that getting into residency is one of my dreams but I have also decided since last year I will never allow others (program directors Smile ) define the happiness of my life. Thanks to Allah (the God) for blessing me with a cute daughter, lovely and ever supporting wife and a very good family. Except residency it has never been tough for me to find Jobs as a foreign IMG here in NY. I will try to get into residency till I will have my energy. But I feel it is more important to take responsibility of my family and kid and to ensure a decent life for them. Fortunately I have signed for an administrative job with an insurance company with decent pay.

To all the IMGs who feel frustated, would like to say that when one door seems to be closed other doors open by themselves. It's about reaching the destination. We may have to take a different pathway, it may take a little more time. But believe me there are other paths to enjoy the daylight. Not getting into residency does not mean the end of life. If your talent is ignored that does not mean you don't have it. It probably asks you to make full use of it, may be in a different way. Life is short. Enjoy. Good luck.
Report Abuse
Well said.
God bless
Risperadol:

You r absolutely correct! But it takes a whole lot of strength to accept that we need to now change lanes. Inshallah, god gives only whats best for us!

w'salaam
Good luck to you my brother. I wish you well. Don't give up. When God says it is your time, Nobody can change that
Respect brother

Same situation here, 2nd attempt at matching with no match...gonna give it one more shot, if it works out it does if it doesn't oh well...done my best and in the end that's all you can do
I have started to believe that God is examining me, he is examining really hard. I hope to give him what he is asking for. I just pray to him to give me the strength, stamina and ability to look after my daughter and family. I will continue to show my patience and commitment. Getting into residency really doesn't excite me that much like 4 years ago when I was younger, but definitely it has become an obsession. An eternal obsession to see if I can really get into in this lifetime.
But while trying that, I feel it's also important for us to enjoy and make the full use of the life that we have at present, the youth that is awarded to us once in a lifetime.
Thank you, you are very inspiring. I am now looking at other job options, preferably healthcare-related...but i dont have the financial means to go back to school for another degree, since my husband is the only one working now and we're expecting our first baby in less than 2 months! any good advice?
Hi risperidal .
i am in same position like yours.He 2 kids and want to live life rather than being depressed. I have a EAD and will get green card in year or so. what kind of jobs could i do?I am from VA.
could we talk ?
my email annir1221.
please and thank you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »