Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 years still no Interviews after match or SOAP - prn
I don't know, that's why I was asking Smile

10 years, you hear people come with something every once in a while. We don't know what their strategy was or how they were applying. Yeah, his academic grades and YOG are issues but lots of people have failed the usmles multiple times and got something even after 5 years. I think the person should be looking for more redeeming salary than minimum wage. If they went to school for NP/PA, they would probably have to do all those years of undergraduate credits because it is doubtful that colleges would accept transcripts that old, even if cleared by ecfmg + step 3.

Still interested to hear alternatives.
prn, how old are your LORs? 10 years or are you getting new ones each year? With all that clinic experience, how many years or months was that total? Also, what kind of networking did you do with all those docs and places that had residency programs? I am sure many knew of your situation. Have you been updating your CV or contacting programs letting them know? Has any program told you specifically besides generic rejections each year?

How many programs per year did you apply to and for what specialty?

Maybe expand more of those details because we're reading only a small glimpse of the story.
Get fresh LOR's about your clinical experience, do research if possible and above all, connections is most important. If a staff member can recommend your resume during match or SOAP, it goes farther than anything.

The whole match/SOAP process is now degenerated into a Lottery and only those IMG's with near perfect applications are mostly succeeding.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »