Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for those who matched - drangel2014
congrats to everyone for matching.

my question is i dont have any recent lors. i did one year of residency back home in 2014 and i have 5 lors from the doctors back home. two of which were American recognized doctors. currently m just studying for the exams and i haven't worked with any doctors here yet. can i use the old lors would it be of any worth or should i start volunteering here in canada to obtain new lors. also i have the hard copy of the lors can i upload them myself??

plz help
To my understanding, the rule of thumb for LoR is not to be > 2 years old. I think you should try to update your letters with new rotations, or ask the previous writers to change the date. Most programs have on their website the time limit for LoR. In fact, if you call ECFMG after the match they would provide some input as well.
thanks for your response. so even if i worked in 2014 and the letter is dated 2016 is that ok??..

and can we upload them ourselves. sorry i dont have much idea about the match so just starting to prepare a little now for the next one.

thx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »