Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did not match. - drhh1983
Hi there,

I got 5 interviews, but I did not match.

Step 1: 250 1st
Step 2 CK: 218 2nd
Step 2 CS: 1st
Step 3 : 211
YOG: 2008
I have hands on USCE (Externship) and observership. No research experience or publications. What do you think I should do? Thank you for your help.
I believe Research and more observerships will strenghten your resume. Also think neutrally and hard about your interviews and where you think you didn't do well, i.e. improve your Interview skills. Also CONNECTIONS matter in this crazy process, they matter a lot. Someone who can recommend your application after Sept15, and then recommend it during SOAP can make all the difference.

I believe the story of your application may be similar to mine, the very high Step1 score meant you passed the filter, may have had a good interview also but when it comes time for final ranking, you gap since 2008 probably meant they ranked you lower than another 2008 graduate whose gap was shorter i.e. they had more home country experience, USCE and research.

I got lucky in SOAP through connections.
I agree with @iluvmedicine. One more thing- You had 5 interviews with good credentials, you may need a little bit of work on interview skills. Continue working on boosting USCE, research, volunteer work, medical related jobs if you can find one and start practicing systematically for interviews as 2017 seasons starts. Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »