Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of observerships - usmle239
http://im-for-imgs.com/2012/01/03/observerships/
I updated the above list last week, refreshing the links. The numbers of hospitals offering observerships has decreased a bit and I removed those that no longer offer and added disclaimers to those that have new conditions.
hello thank u so much. Is there a list available for general surgery??
I have included some general surgery related observerships and some specialty surgery observerships in the most updated http://im-for-imgs.com/2012/01/03/observerships/ post. In the post look for the "Association for Academic Surgery" where a database of 68 hospitals with observerships. I have not checked all 68 of those sites but it looks to be a good place to begin.
@nehmemorial

thank u so much for updating the list. do most observerships in FM/psych/IM have a cutoff score for step 1? where did u do your observerships? thank u
Regarding score cutoffs, every program is different. There are no rules. You will see that every observership application will ask for different information and have different requirements. Some may have cut offs some not. Some programs will take observers who will benefit most from the experience, some will take observers as a two to four week "try out" process to see if the observer fits into their program. An observership can be like a long interview.

My suggestion is to apply to several - some at university academic medical centers and some at community hospitals that take a high % of IMGs. The goal is to get letters from US faculty who see you in action and who may become your advocate for their specific program. You will have to apply for a good number of observerships as there are limited numbers of spots.
@nehmemorial
thank u for your information. it is a big help. im hoping to get an observership somewhere in florida in FM or psych.
My seniors have answered my prayers I have been given me an extensive list of externships My senior classmates personally know doctors who have been of great assistance. If anyone needs assistance my email is anaya.rettaa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »