Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME CMS OBGYN 4 QUESTIONS Part 2/3 need ans plz - jjpyae
Thank you krisruss552
@fuser00 can you explain your thinking for #33 (endometriosis)? as in what led you to that answer... much appreciated!
Can someone explain these 2 to me?

1. A 14-year-old girl is brought to the physician because of painful episodes of menstrual cramping over the past 5 months; the pain has caused her to miss several days of school monthly. Menarche was at the age of 12 years. Her last menstrual period was 5 days ago. Examination shows no abnormalities. Which of the following is the most likely cause of her pain?
A) Dermoid Cyst
B) Endometriosis
C) Ovarian torsion
D) Prostaglandin production
E) Psychological factors

2. A 42yo woman comes to physician because of a 1-year h/o vaginal bleeding for 2 to 5 days every 2 weeks. The flow varies from light to heavy with passage of clots. Menses preiously occurred at regular 25 to 29-day intervals and lasted for 7d with heavy flow. She has not h/o serious illness and takes no meds. She is sexually active with one male partner, and they use condoms inconsistently. Her mother died of colon cancer, her maternal grandmother died of breast cancer. She is 163 cm tall and weighs 77kg; BMI is 29 kg/m2. Her temperature is 36.6 C (97.8F), pulse 90/min, resp 12/min, blood pressure 100/60 mm Hg. The uterus is normal sized. The ovaries cannot be palpated. Remainder of Exam shows no abnormalities. Test of stool for occult blood is negative. An endometrial biopsy specimen shows grade I adenocarcinoma with atypical endometrial hyperplasia. Which of the following is the most appropriate next step in management?
A) Medroxyprogesterone therapy
B) OCP therapy
C) Endometrial ablation
D) Dilatation and curettage
E) Hysterectomy

Thank you! my shelf exam is coming up fast...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »