NBME CMS OBGYN 4 QUESTIONS Part 2/3 need ans plz - jjpyae
31 Oral contraceptive therapy -- endometriosis
32 Incompetent cervix
33 Endometriosis
34 Adnexal torsion
35 Amnioinfusion
36 50%
37 Duplex venous ultrasonography
38 Measurement of serum folic acid concentration -- iron is normal, so she probably has one of the thallasemias, but the standard of care is to prevent fetal abnormalities for folic acid def.
32. The answer is pylomephritis; not incompetent cervix. Patient has untreated GAS colonization and flank tenderness
21. E( not C). varicella zoster immunoglobulin( not any immunoglobulin)
to palivizumab

thank you for your corrections.

(confused Viravax with Zostavax)
you welcomeSmile

32 yo primigravida at term has a cervix 5 cm dilated x 4 hours despite oxytocin. contractions every 3 minutes and are 55 to 64 mm hg. exam shows molded vertex and caput succedaneum. diagnosis?
a. arrest of active phase
b. hypotonic contractions
c. protracted latent phase
d. normal active phase
e.normal second stage
A

arrest of active phase
hi
could u pls send me the offline CMS 3 AND 4. EMAIL: fossilsp
GOOD BLESS.
just one things about this question
According to Uworld active phase of labor starts at 6 cm or greater so this woman is in latent phase. i double checked this value on wikipedia and apparently it varies from country to country but in the US they take 5 cm as a cutoff for multigravida and 6 cm for primigravida(our patient being a primigravida)

I also read somewhere that for contractions to be adequate they have to be greater than 200 montevideo units. u calculate this by multiplying the number of contractions in 10 minutes with the force of contraction. in this case
Contractions every 3 minutes so total 3 contractions in 10 minutes x 64= 192
So can it be hypotonic contractions?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »