Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME CMS Psychiatry Form 1,3,4 please help! - coke170
Thank you those make sense.

Anyone else has any ideas for the other ones? Please!!!
For number 7, it's not B. I marked B and it's among my wrong answers.
@ulum. Ok thanks you. So #7 it is not decreased serum vitamin D concentration then?

Thank you.

Anyone else has any ideas of the other previous questions? Please.

Thank you, really appreciate it.
3.C Discontinue Haloperidol
5. MDD?? weight loss, guilt of not taking care of her body, psychomotor retardation, decreased concentration, stopped going out with friends. not sure though
6. Schizoaffective??
7.D depression = stress = cortisol
17. c??? family therapy?
27. fetal alcohol C.
29. D
32.A he is having phobia CBT
36. B
38. H
42. Caudate atrophy huntington
43. D cholinergics for alzhimers
44.c is the child having ptsd??
47. Performance phobia propanolol
48. A
49.A amphetamine intoxication
50. A bupropion.
51. B psychotherapy for adjustment disorder
52. B decrease carbidopa and levodopa which is causing hallucinations
a 2 and half year old boy recently started day care center. the father reports that his son protests and hangs on his coat sleeves each morning so that the day care provider cannot take him. he sometimes says he has stomach aches. the day care provider reports that after the father drives away the child settles down and plays happily with other children. he eats well and takes a 90 min nap. when his mother comes to pick him up, he wines, stamps his feet, clings to the day care provider and demands cookies. physical examination is normal. most likely diagnosis?

a. parent child relation rpoblem
b. separation anxiety
c. normal reaction
47. A 27-year-old man comes to the physician because of anxiety about a major speech that he must deliver in 3 days. He has a great fear of public speaking and is convinced that his apprehension and tremulous delivery will damage his performance. He requests a tranquilizer to help with his anxiety. He takes theophylline and uses corticosteroid and albuterol inhalers for asthma. He has a family history of alcohol dependence. He does not drink alcohol or use drugs. His pulse is 66/min, respirations are 12/min, and blood pressure is 132/80 mm Hg. Examination shows normal findings.

A) Bupropion
B) Buspirone
C) Chlorpromazine
D) Fluoxetine
E) Haloperidol
F) lmipramine
G) Lorazepam
H) Perphenazine
I) Propranolol

the answer is not I, i have chosen that answer and got it wrong. since his speech is in 3 days i don't think SSRI is the answer either as that will take 4-8 weeks to show results. i think it might be Lorazepam.
@yusi Right> you can’t give betaB pat got asthma or u can have pat with conduction/cardio or in DM. You adm benxzo/ lorazepam 0.5/2mg half/a hr before performance in pat with SAD like case here here.
If any one can help me for question #40

A 47 year-old man comes to the physician because of a 4-week history of depressed mood, lack of energy, poor concentration, and daytime sleepiness. He started a weight loss program 6 weeks ago consisting of diet and exercise, and he has had a 5.9 kg weight loss during this period. He has hypertension and was switched from hydrocholorothiazide to propranolol at his last visit 8 weeks ago. He has no history of psychiatric illness. He is 180 cm tall and now weighs 97 kg. BMI is 30 kg/m2. His blood pressre is 135/90mmHg. Physical examination shows no other abnormalities. Mental status examination shows depressed mood and poor concentration. Which of the followin is the most likely diagnosis?

A) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood
B) Dysthymic disorder
C) Major depressive disorder
D) Mood disorder due to a general medical condition
E) Substance-induced mood disorder

I thought this is depression caussed by propranolol but when I searched online, the most recent opinion is that beta-block does not cause depression. Therefore, is the correct answer D? Can anyone help me for this question? Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »