Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cms form 3 im qs pls help - har_7777
to vitamin:

E test for factor viii inhibitor

(the body developed Ab against f8)

@ monter: Thanks alot for replying... i could not explain the thrombocytopenia in this patient... the bleeding could be due to thrombocytopenia and a prolong bleeding time would confirm that
hey just wanted to let ppl know that monter is wrong on these answers......

5 A) Placement of an intraluminal esophageal stent -- less invasive than surgery - WRONG. I think it should be surgery.

11 B) Oral azithromycin --- fluoroquinolones for pyelonephritis - WRONG. I think it should be IV ceftriaxone.
thank you iggg.

regarding nr. 5
it was discussed above, and if you did it online, please confirm it.

regarding nr. 11

from FAck2:
For mild cases, patients may be treated on an outpatient basis for 7–14
days. Fluoroquinolones are first-line therapy. Encourage ↑ PO fluids and
monitor closely.
Admit and administer IV antibiotics to patients who have serious medical
complications or systemic symptoms, are pregnant, present with severe
nausea and vomiting, or have suspected bacteremia. Fluoroquinolones,
third- or fourth-generation cephalosporins, β-lactam/β-lactamase inhibitors,
and carbapenem may be used depending on disease severity.

from MTB:
Any of the medications for gram-negative bacilli are effective. Ciprofloxacin is
recommended for outpatient treatment. For inpatient therapy use ceftriaxone,
ertapenem, quinolones, ampicillin, and gentamicin.

since MTB is newer, I think choice D is a better one.

I appreciate your input.
to vitamind:

thrombocytopenia -- can give you increased bleeding time. You will confirm what you know already.
Choices BCD -- it is possible, but E has a better chance to what is presented in the q.
yeah that makes sense.... thanks man Smile
A 77 y.o woman comes to the ER bc of a 3 month hx of sob when she climbs stairs. her sob resolves after 5 mins of rest. her last episode was 3 days ago. she has not had chest pain, palpitations, orthopnea, cough, wheezing, swelling, or diff sleeping. she has htn and gerd. current meds include hctz, omeprazole and multivitamin. she is 168 cm tall weights 63 kg. bmi 23. temp 37.2 pulse 72 rr 12, bp 144/92. pulse oximetry room air is 98%. JVD 3cm above sternal angle. no other abnormalities. an ECG shows a left bundle branch block and no primary T-wave changes, which is unchanged from ecg 1 year ago. which of the following is the most appropiate next step to determine the cause of this patient dyspnea ?

A) measurement of serum troponin I concentration
B) ECG exercise stress test (wrong)
C) excercise stress echocardiography
D) ventilation perfusion lung scans
E) Coronary angiography

anyone got this one right ?
A 77 y.o woman comes to the ER bc of a 3 month hx of sob when she climbs stairs. her sob resolves after 5 mins of rest. her last episode was 3 days ago. she has not had chest pain, palpitations, orthopnea, cough, wheezing, swelling, or diff sleeping. she has htn and gerd. current meds include hctz, omeprazole and multivitamin. she is 168 cm tall weighs 63 kg. bmi 23. temp 37.2 pulse 72 rr 12, bp 144/92. pulse oximetry room air is 98%. JVP 3 cm above sternal angle. no other abnormalities. an ECG shows a left bundle branch block and no primary T-wave changes, which is unchanged from ecg 1 year ago. which of the following is the most appropriate next step to determine the cause of this patient dyspnea ?

A) measurement of serum troponin I concentration B) ECG exercise stress test (wrong) C) exercise stress echocardiography D) ventilation perfusion lung scans E) Coronary angiography
Stress echo?
Took it online and "B" is definitely wrong. I'm thinking "C"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »