Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q@Q time ① - cardio69
A 33 y/o F piano teacher present with decreased vision and numbness in her fingers. PE is notable for HTN and decreased pulses in upper extremities. A subclavian biopsy show mononuclear infiltrate in the adventitia of the vasa vasorum. Which of the following regard the disease true?

a) INC risk of aortic stenosis
b) INC risk of development of cor pulmonale
c) Asso with hepatitis B antigen
d) Asso with anti-proteinase 3
e) No INC risk of blindness

______________________________________72sec________________________________________
E.?
You recall ocular symp more classically assoc with that u see elderly F (MC affects branches of carotid A)? that can overlap from what our 33 y/o pat have.
E.
sudden loss vision happen more in giant cell arthritis which is common in elderly but ocular disturbance happen i taksayu but not blindness as far as i know
*in
Now I remember from somewhere that Takayasu and temporal arteritis are basically different spectrums of the same disease and the biggest difference is that temporal arteritis is associated w/ older age and Takayasu with younger age. But I don't remember if Takayasu pats can potentially develop sudden loss of vision...
u r right, what i remember is that age and blindness was their difference
and also i can't correlates other option with takayasu, if it is case of takayasu
Q)Can our pat arteries lead to pulmonary HTN -> subsequent…Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »