Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter of recommendation........?? - rkus
Hi,
I am working as a MA at a local clinic. Planning to ask for a LOR. Planning to apply for more than one speciality. Should I ask the LOR for only one speciality or as a general letter. Please give some imput.
If you can get both that would be great
1) One specific in the specialty you desire, use that only for those programs you apply too.
2) A general one for the back-up specialties you apply to.
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
Hi,
thank you for the response. I am planning to apply mainly to IM and psych. Is it a good idea to get for both separately.
any responses please..........!!!
Get a general one and one for IM if it's a primary care office that u work at. If u work for a psychiatrist ask for psych specific. Anyways more than mentioning the field u r applying to is how well the dr u work with write your letter. Try to mention good work ethics, team work , accustomed to EMR and US health system, English proficiency etc
GL
Hi hln,
thank you for the wonderful advise, really appreciate it.
Hi , I work in a IM clinic. And the doc I work with is an internist and family physician. So, is it better to ask one letter for IM and one for psych .
Ask for both one in that specialty, and one general.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »