Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
done! - rvusmle2013
definitely doable!
it was similar to UW mostly. maybe one or two qs similar to cms and nbme.

my prep time was one year one and off, due to decreased drive, poor focus, distractions, observerships and oh yea cs exam 20 days ago.

nbme 3: 227
uwsa: 245
nbme 4: 250
nbme 6: 260 (but i reviewed old forms before and 6 is same as 1)
nbme 7: 231

last week: studied MTB with UW.
last few days: freaked out and studied a lot
last 3 days: reset UW and did 30 blocks in 2 days. entire cardio, pulm, neuro, and obgyn. which was good, i recommend it.

credits:

to cardio69 and cardio 69 and cardio 69! Smile Smile
you are the greatest. thank you is not enough.
you've taught me so much!
and to all those who criticize you...? whatever.
please keep doing what you are.

i will be taking a break for a weekend or so. but ill be on the forum. b/c i don't remember a life outside usmle exams lol

off to the next chapter...match!!!!
congrats my friend and all the best. really appreciate you took time to post your message.

when you get a chance pls tell us what material you used, other than uw and mtb is any or is it enough? thanks
Big Congrats!!!
GL on matchSmile
congratulations! good job!
can you please tell us how many questions you had in each block? thanks
wow, many congratulations on being done.
congrats bud!!
best of luck with match and hope you get some time to breath and enjoy the summer a bit!
appreciate all the times you helped out with questions!!
your hard work shall def be rewarded!!!!
Congratulations,pls tell me how you managed your time.Were the questions very long?My exam is on Tuesday
Congrats, Can you pls tell me how much biostatic was tested ?
thank you all!

materials i used:

kaplan books and classroom anywhere course. it was okay i guess. but i really started learning from UW.

mtb 2, 3

i kept reading my books from med school. some specific topics. esp surgery and obgyn.

-----------------------------------------

i had one block of 42 questions. all the other blocks were 44! :/ which was a lil disappointing.

------------------------------------------

time management: i had loads of time for some odd reason. so i had time to go back to make sure i didnt make silly mistakes. i did on some. thankfully i corrected those. but i still feel like i made some mistakes thinking back.

the answer choices on some were not direct. for ex if it was ASD they didn't have that as an answer choice so we have to read all those choices and pick the one that describes what ASD is. my eyes kept looking for ASD but my brain had to take over. lol. i guess that took a few more secs.

some questions were long. but i practiced so much that i learned to pick up stuff. i read the first few lines and then the last line. look for the vitals. its odd but it works for me.

--------------------------------------------

biostats:

i thought reading FA step 1 biostats would be enough. but no. the questions were not direct. they were not like what is the sensitivity. or what will happen to sen if you increase the cut off value. it was more like read this study and analyze it. which was hard. for me atleast.

let me know if you guys have anymore questions.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »