Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 4 - calivirus
A 23 yr old woman has pain, cramping and swelling of right calf 3 days after uncomplicated labor and delivery. The rt foot is swollen, and there is marked tenderness with dorsiflexion and palpation of rt calf. Examination shows no other abnormalities. CBC and serum electrolytes r normal. Most likely cause of condition?
1. Hypercoagulable state of preg
2. Hyperuricemia
3. Peripheral artery aneurysm
4. Pulm embolus
5. Prolonged pressure on vena cave during delivery
hypercoaguable state of pregnancy

hyperuricemia can occur in pregnancy but hyperuricemia though can cause renal failure does not cause DVT

--PERIPHERAL ARTERY ANEYRYSM RUPTURE AND CAN CAUSE SWELLING IN UNILATERAL LEG ESPECIALLY POPLITEAL ANEURYSM BUT THIS CASE DOESNOT MENTION A PULSATILE SWELLING IN THE POPLITEAL FOSSA

PULMONARY EMBOLUS IS THE EFFECT NOT THE CAUSE OF THIS SWELLING.

PROLONGED PRESSURE CAN CAUSE THIS SWELLING BYT USUALLY THEY ARE BILATERAL --SO I GO AHEAD AND CHOOSE --HYPERCOAGULABLE STATE

AND BESIDES IT IS DVT--TENDERNESS IN DORSIFLEXION/ WHY CRAMP --THAT I CANOT REMEMBER I EVER READ ABOUT THAT CRAMP BEFORE--MAY BE ISCHEMIA--FIRST VENOUS THEN ARTERIAL --ANYWAY 1 IS THE BAST CHOICE HERE,
YES IT IS HYPERCOAGULABLE STATE OF PREGNANCY I THINK AS ALL OTHERE CHOICES DO NOT MATCH THE CLINICAL SCENARIO
Yes, it is 1
1. Hypercoagulable state of preg
postpartum DVT
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »