Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my result!!! 244 - mervy
I have been reading a lot from this forum and I found everything so helpful in this forum. Thank you so much for every posts here. I wish you all the best.
This is my study material:
kaplan LN and videos, UW 3 times, FA 4 times.
NBME 11: 247
NBME 12:235
NBME 13:238
NBME 15: 245
NBME 16:234
NBME17: 247
NBME: 239

Real exam: 244
one advice, please make sure you master the max from FA and uw, be very calm during the exam and try to finish your questions on time.
All the best
Please feel free to ask any question.
did u do the kaplan revision in the end. how did u do your fininshing exam in 2 months
congrats! great score.
I started with kaplan lecture notes and videos at the very beginning of my studies. the last 2 months I did uw and FA, Goljan and pathoma videos...sorry I forgot to add those 2 books
Mervy! Congratulations on your great score! Wish u all the best in the coming steps, wanted to ask if FA and UWorld are enough for the exam? I don't have time for kaplan and I am an old graduate so does FA and UWorld are enough to understand concepts and master the exam? What about your preparation time how many months u studied? And finally please nbmr is a must?
Thanks a lot and congratulations again on ur score.
thankyou for guidance. congrats and best of luck to you. for next exams
hey congrates..just 2 questions
have u seen anything new other than UW and NBMe type of questions?
and u studied alone or with study partner?
I have exam next month.It would be very helpful if u answer my questions
Thanks and
good luck on ur next step.God bless.
Congrats on ur score!
How much time did it take u to prep for step 1 completely? Did u study by yourself or did u have any partner?
Congrats can u elaborate on ur preparation pls ... Is Kaplan really needed at the end of ur prep
thank you guys! I was still celebrating. So happy.
Hum, I have studied consistently 8-9 months but I wasn't constant. I started then stopped and then started again....
I did kaplan LN and videos at the very beginning of my study. the first 3 months. It was very helpful for me because it explains concepts in details so for people who are not familiar with english and medical system here, I found it very helpful.So I will recommend it in the beginning of the studies.
After that I spend sometime reading FA and UW 1st round. I went through Goljan about 70% of chapters, and I listened to pathoma videos...very helful sometime when you are tired of reading. Then UW 2nd round along with USMLE RX (65% of the qbank)
Is FA and UW enough? yes of course! but go to pathoma or Goljan for weak subjects. Work mainly on your weaknesses in the last 2 months and stick with FA AND UW. I did biochem several times the last 2 months because if was my weakest area along with anything related to hemato and oncology. It was very helpful and I saw a huge difference in my scores.
You also need to understand almost everything in FA and try to memorize the maximum from there because the exam is either you know, either you don't know.
About NBME, I think It was helpful for me to check my progression and I even saw some questions duing the exam that were very similar to questions in nbmes, so would definitely recommend to do the maximum of nbme.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »