• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observership/externship/research - ra1
hi ra1

do you have a list of places which offer observership for peds
To ra1,
do u have a list for Obs and Gynae?
pls help,
angie
hi there, i live in houston and want to do an externship in baylor. could you pls tell me how long will it take to get in after applying and where can we get the application forms? pls help me out.
hi ra1,
cam u help me pls?
can u post the hospitals in NY/NJ area where O & G observership can be done?
it wopld be of great help!

angie
I have not much idea about obs and gynae observership.But from my previous posting you must have got an idea how to know the email address of the prof .You should randomly send emails to 50-100 prof in big programs and hope you will get it somewhere.
Regarding observership for pediatrics I tried in three hospitals CHOP, Texas Children Hospital and Medical college of georgia and got positive response from them.
I dont know if Baylor has externship program .
You have to email to the prof and should show ur interest to pursue ur career in that field. Along with your email u have to send ur CV
I have posted what ever informations I had and hope others will also put their inputs.
I belong to the place where the people have habit of rising by pulling others down .I think all we should rise by proving ourself ahead.
Goodluck.
hi ra1,

i am an img and am in a process of applying for residency this september.

apart from talking to friends and seniors for what programs to apply to; many people suggest to write to the programs personally by email and ask what are their criteria.......

i have some q.s regarding this

1.whom to address the mail to?....i hope its the program co-ordinator and not the p.d.....is that correct?

2.is the format of mail defined?......or just introduce yourself and ask what are their criteria?.........or tell them your cred.s and ask them are these meeting their criteria?.........i say this becoz i have heard that the best way a prog. can decide whom to call and whom not to call by filtering the candidates by scores.

3.do programs answer inquiry calls?....regarding applications

you seem to be sharing the same thoughts as mine.....great job man.

thank you in advance.

hope you reply.
dear ra1 thanks a lot for all ur input , i have been observing ur mails , u have achieved what u wanted , thnk ur luck for that , all ur effort has paid off, congrates again
can u plz tell me if one can do an externship on b1b2 , and if not what shd i try to get good lors since i have v average scores and need a visa too, and does any externship prog sponser a visa ?
I think u can do externship in B1B2 visa since u r not paid.U can try in washington university for surgery externship aqnd they sponser F1 visa for that.
To hello2007
You should start writing emails to the program coordinator asking for the criteria for their programs. what ever you write in ur email it will not matter because they will send u the standard email.You can make a format and send it to 20-30 programs at a time. if u try to send to more than that it will rebound back.
thanks a lot for the info, god bless u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »