Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observership/externship/research - ra1
hi ra1 , iam v distressed the way things are turning up, and the rumours abt ending j visa for imgs is adding to it all , can u plz sincerely advice me how to proceed since u r one of the v few people who have succeeded and still care abt those struggling. i am frm india, 2004 graduate , 82, 77 cs result awaited , did 2 mnts of observership at a private clinic-peads , doctor is an indian , i stayed in pennsylvania ,v consevative state, no one offered any experience without a socisl security no or a work visa, and i have no contacs here, no one to guide me , so iam totally confused how to prooceed, iahve stayed in usa for 5 mnts now, so have to leave next week, i have b1b2 valid till this year end, iam trying to contact the programms u listed for externships but no success so far , soo plzzzzzzzz guide me , i dont wanna be a looser, thanks a lot
I have no idea about ending of J visa.You can contact at lsalman_zakir. for externship at St vincents.
Hi ra1

do you know any hospital that offer observationship or externship in pennsylvania or maryland ?
Hi rar1,

thanks a lot for your such informative posts!
i have one Question ,
From where and how to get the medical lab reports and titres for proving vaccination status?
i am vaccinated in my country, but i dont have any proof of that?
what if the hospital offering electives wants medical report certificate.

plz suggest me...what to do!
thanks in advance
why dont you ask someone to get proof from ur country and send it to u. Otherwise u have to do antibodies titre in USA but it will be expensive.Goodluck.
During observership you have to follow the daily activities which take place in the department.It may start with morning round and then pt followup then afternoon conferenceetc. It is not necessary to stay the whole day. You will know about it after 1-2 days of ur observership.
hi ra1

thanks a lot for all your replies.

you are a very good person who is helping people like us without any expectations and with such a good heart.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.......AND SHOWER YOU WITH ALL THE SUCSESS YOU DREAM OF!
Hi Rai:

I have a questions.
Is it necessary to get at least 1 LOR from your home country{College}.
If you already have 3 U.S LOR's, will that be good enough or is it neccesary to get atleast one from my college. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
You can send 4 LORS to any program and it will be better for u to get LOR from the head of the department of the sub u r trying for as some programs need it as compulsory.
Thanks Rai for your reply.

My question is different.
I already have 3 U.S LOR's as I did observations in the last year in IM, Pead, and FP.
I am asking you is it OK if i send these U.S LOR to all the programs which I apply or is it COMPULSORY to get one from my college? Can you please drop down your E-mail ID to me please!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »