Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology Match 2017 - pathpath
Any idea about Icahn Mount Sinai in NY? I heard that they also filled their position.
@ matchgoal
I would say it depends on your background. MetroHealth has almost double the case number as UF with the same number of residents. So you get to see a lot of cases, but it also means the workload is much higher. UF residents seemed happier to me and Jacksonville is a better place to live than Cleveland. The fellowship outcome is clearly better in Metrohealth than UF.
P.S I am still not fully decided on my ROL yet Sad so this could change.
@aag
I did a student rotation at UT Houston 2 years ago. I even have a LOR from the associate PD, but they didn't send me an interview, may be they have a score cutoff or something.
It is a very good program, better than almost all the places I got. As far as I remember you get to work in different locations, and the population is very diverse and TMC is the largest medical center in the world, so lots of experience. The only "negative" thing I noticed is the high faculty turnover.
Egymed

I agree. Yes the residents are very happy at UF and I liked the friendly atmosphere to work there.
And yeah, Rank order will change till last moment I think. It's so hard to decide Sad

Egymed

I left you texts on Skype. Check them!
@ aag

Did you call them if they filled their positions?
@ aag
I had an interview at UT Houston, I think its a very good balanced Ap/CP program, and the fellowships placments of their residents is good as well.
@matchgoal, I got an email

@pathapplicant , I agree with you. The question is will they rank IMGs?
Hello All,
Please help ranking these programs.

UK
Dartmouth
Uni of Minnesota
Oklahoma
Henery ford
Hartford
Dartmouth number 1...big name
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »