Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do programs begin reviewing applications - nellie333
I heard programs don't start reviewing til October 1st. Just anxious to see when I should start expecting to hear from them
Starting since the first day, and Monday you will hear from some programs.
Ok thanks
Some progs start early, some will wait for mspe, some will start reviewing early but wont send out invites until they have reviewed several applications, and some progs will start reviewing US grads application first.

It very much depends. Some programs will review immediately. Some will wait for the MSPE on Oct 1st.

I want to also note that some programs distribute applications between faculty members. Some faculty may go through their batch faster leading to interview offers BEFORE other faculty members finish their pile. I would say this is the minority, but something to keep in mind.

--
Steve @
People review programs immediately as they receive it. There is usually a committee who will divide and score applicants and then recommend it to the program director and a smaller committee. most programs would have their applications reviewed by end of September. As of first week of October you start hearing of interview invitations. yet, several would also send you invitations within days of submitting your application (that happened iwht me in 2 programs). Good luck all! I was in your shoes last year and thankfully I matched.
thanks everyone- everyday until match day is gonna be constant anxiety i guess.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »