Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those applying to multiple specialties - leslie123
Hi guys,
I am a recent Carib graduate of the big 4 (2016), applied last yr as a med student for psych and IM with an interview in each specialty but did not match. My stats are:
Step 1: 228, Step 2 CK: 235, Step 2 CS: PASS (2nd attempt), 2 years USCE, J1 visa needed, ECFMG certified, 2 Research publications (1 first author).
Now applying for Psychiatry (1st choice), IM/FM (back up): 134 programs total

Just wanted to share and motivate each other in this cycle of residency applications. Please share yours as well and also any interview invitations or application rejections.

Thanks and goodluck to everyone.

I also have 3 great LORs specific for each specialty from US physicians including one from a PD surgery. I'm currently working as a research fellow and graduated med school with honors.
I'm hoping all these extra little things will make a difference in my application to the point that they may overlook my failure in CS. It has been a rollercoaster ride but i'm hoping this will be a better season for me.
😊
how many programs did you apply to? That's a low number of interviews for average scores (I mean average in a good way). Have you changed your PS?
@duckson Thanks for the reply. I applied Oct 12th last year to 110 programs (70 psych), I had just found out I failed my Step 2 CS a month earlier and was debating whether to apply or not and decided to anyway. I wrote my CS a month after applying, got my 2 interviews in December and then finally got my pass result late January. Ultimately I didnt match but I gained a lot of lessons from that experience.
I am taking my time to study for Step 3 and take it December, in time for ranking. So hopefully that will make me even more competitive.

I changed my PS (a new one entirely) and just added the bit about the extra research I had done. That's about it.

Would you like to share your stats and what you are applying for?
Wondering if anyone else received an email from Stamford/Columbia FM residency regarding an appreciation for applying to their program?
Which testing center did you write your CS the first time?
Philly then Cali
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »