Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no more downloading - fammedtiger
I wanted to remind everyone that as of last year's cycle, programs no longer have to download your application. Every program using ERAS is on a web based system now and your application is almost instantaneously available.

Some of you are seeing this as a negative. Let me assure you that in previous years, when you saw that a program downloaded your application, it only meant that the program opened ERAS that day and downloaded everything sent to their program. We could NOT pick and choose what we downloaded and what we didn't. It did not mean that anyone actually viewed your application.

Thank you for sharing this information. Your post is extremely helpful.
One question though, how do programs go over several applications that are instantly available to them? How will you know which applications you've seen already? Because before when programs download applications they know which ones they have reviewed and which ones are not, yet. At least that is what I have understood prog aprogramcoordinator from another site.

Thanks again!
Why are you repeating the same thing over and over?
We get It
Your post is mind comforting. Thank you
Hi "fammedtiger" , i got a question for you, can you answer as a program coordinator?

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=832003
how do we know if they at all saw ur application??since there is no 'downloaded' option!!!
@cantgiveup23

Clearly people aren't getting it because on half of the posts here people are referencing downloading their applications. Instead of me replying to each thread, you can clearly see that I started my own so that hopefully people can see what I have been saying. If you don't like it, too bad.
Fam med tiger,
Keep repeating yourself. Take care
@indu12345

Programs have the capability of setting a multitude of filters that can show them when people applied (both by date and time). This also goes for any part of the application. I can set a date time frame and it will show me how many of each document is new and it links right to the application.

@pathfan

You will never know for sure that a program looked into your application. You should just know that the program received it. BUT, this is actually no different from before. See my above post.
@fammedtiger

Thanks for the info.
One last question. You mentioned about the date and time. Is it very important to apply on day 1? Applying to day 1 vs applying on day 7 for example.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »