Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying IM and preliminary at the same time - sarp

Hi everybody,

I am an IMG who applied 90 IM programs already. I only applied IM and nothing else. So I only wanna do IM. Should I also apply preliminary at the same hospital and state that PGY-2 Specialty interest is also IM? Some people thinks that hurts your categorical application, because they may think you are planning to go advance specialty but applying IM as a back up. Is that really true? by just mentioning my PGY-2 Specialty interest is also IM and having all my LORs and PS states about my interest in IM is enough to proof ? or applying preliminary also make me look desperate? so what should i do?

One of my friend who is IM resident told me just apply both , they are so busy they dont have time to think that much in detail.

Please help me guys
Please guys. can somebody answer??
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
Unfortunately, I can't help much in this situation. The only thing I would say is if the prelim and categorical spots have the same coordinator they might notice that you applied for both. How they view that? I don't know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »