Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best time to schedule an iv for a prematch program - acesteps15
i got an IV in a prematch program. interviews start from october 1st week.
what is the best time to schedule IV?
is it in the first week or the middle or shall i wait until the last week?
i dont have much idea about that program, also will waiting till october last week and doing research, learning experiences of ppl who had IVs already will help or is it a risk?
if i was in ur shoes, i would have scheduled in mid way..not too early not to late..

best guess, it also will depend on how many inv u r expecting/probably u can get!!
thank you pathfan for your advice
I would suggest that you schedule your interview as early as possible.
Reasons:
1.You'll save your self "time". You interview there now, they offer you prematch then your good to go. No more worrying, no more waiting, no more what IFs.
2. You'll save money. You interview there now, they offer you prematch, you dont need to apply to more programs, you dont need to spend for transpo to places where you get invited to interview.
3. You'll save the other programs their time to review your application. Because you already prematched!
4. Last but not the least, you can give others a chance to get their applications reviewed and maybe an interview spot for you can be given to them.
5. Grab the opportunity that you have now. A program that accepts 5 PGY-1 may be filled by the time you go there for an interview. It happened before it can happen again. in another forum an applicant posted about his prematch experience. He was invited at St. Barnabas for an IV then few days later he got an email saying that they regret to inform him that all the positions are filled. My guess is that they offered the position to someone and that someone took it. It could have been him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »