Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYC clinical clerkship - ibench85lbs
Has anyone experienced this externship please give me some info? Would it worth 3-5 months expense in NYC?

http://www.clinicalclerkship.org/interna...graduates/

Thanks for reading and good luck!
For everyone applying in Pathology, best of luck! It is a wonderful field.

Just a few tips because we've worked with a lot of candidates applying in Pathology.

Here are some tips for Pathology applicants:

1) Yes the field is very research heavy. Having publications and a research focus REALLY helps. We had candidates match in the field even with YOG >10 years prior. Pathology is more forgiving of this.

With that being said, you should have a general idea where you want to specialize in. The field is becoming more and more specialized. You can be as broad as 'renal pathology' or as narrow as 'next gen sequencing of metastatic melanoma'. It's up to you but there should be a focus area.

2) No, you can't ignore the clinical practice of Pathology. You have to be able to speak about your interest in the day to day practice of Pathology. They want residents that will gross specimens without complaining. They want residents that think about the patient as they sign out slides. I think it goes a long way when candidates in their interviews. You should definitely always bring up observerships you've done and talk about how the CLINICAL aspect of pathology is rewarding. This may include interacting with primary teams such as Oncology or Surgery.

3) If you haven't had a chance to do an observership, you can always say 'I have several set up in the next few months'. This is one way to reassure program directors that you are actually interested in the day to day responsibilities of a Pathologist.

Hope this helps and good luck!
--
Steve @
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »