Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help regarding attempts limt - pathology82
I m a foreign medical graduate passed at 6 th attempts Step 1 which recently got expired , back than before 2011 there no limit thing so I took this many steps but passed CS 1st attempt, taking CK soon already paid fees so no choice. Recently found out that I can't take step 1 because of new rules since I email the ECFMG and got this copy paste:"The policy on attempt limits is a policy of the USMLE program. ECFMG, as one of the registration entities for the USMLE program, has no authority to grant an exception to this policy. The only exception to this policy identified by the Composite Committee involves state medical boards. The policy includes a provision to allow examinees who have six or more attempts at a Step or component to have an additional attempt if so requested by a state medical board that is fully informed of the individual’s prior examination history."
Kindly any one help me understanding above copy paste please I m going thru lots of stress.
I willing to retake step1 please help me thanks
I fully understand after this many limits it's hard to get a residency but I have known ppl with multiple attempts doing residency so I want to try my luck and it help me in getting masters admissions too
Forget USA you're done.
anything is possible, dont give up, might seem hard but not impossible
your not completely done my best friend had 5 attempts on step 1 and matched last year in a categorical university hospital with no connections.
lol

don't torture yourself please

No program would ever risk taking someone with so many attempts (ESPECIALLY 6x)

95% of states requirement a minimum of 2-3 attempts for licensure; good luck with that

Some times you need to heard the harsh truth and not sugar coating
I think if you are not ECFMG certified, and 7 years passed since you took Step 1, your result expires, you should be able to retake the whole path.
Why would he do that? He has to torture himself with Step 1 again?

Who spends 10+ years taking Step 1...

AMG's have only 2 months to prep for that
I called ECFMG they said need to write a letter to state board if they will sponsor me.
https://www.change.org/p/robert-m-wah-md...y-for-them
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »