Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After getting residency switching from Fam to IM? - greenbee
Is it possible to switch from Family to IM after 1 year of residency?
You will not get credit for 1 year fm
I'll take losing 1 year credit if I can get into IM. What's the process if anyone can please elaborate?
I am a FM graduate , before switching to IM make sure that you have a spot in IM already and that your program director is ok with it , because there is a strong rivalry between FM and IM programs and most of FM program directors hate people that use their residency just to get into the system. Just be careful because you can easily end up without a job .
If you are able switch without much drama , you should be able to get credit for the IM rotations that you did in FM res and other rotations as electives , but it won't be the hole year .
Hi Jorgeb, the reason I was wondering this is because I feel I'm not really sure about what I want to do between FM and IM. And during FM residency at any point if I feel like I made a wrong choice and that I will regret it for the rest of my life after sacrificing so much, I should have a chance to make things right instead of carrying this burden in my heart.

Thank you Jorgeb for your time.
@greenbee : why are you wasting someone else's FM spot?
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt/202-728-0099
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »