Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running out of options - help please - sympathetic
@Jorgeb can I apply for a prelim surgery with IM CV and LORs, where did u find these statistics? I looked in the match 2016 statistics but couldn't find any info regarding prelim surgery
Thank you all so much for your time, ideas, and encouragement! I can't convey how much it really means to me!

@sept2016 = You nailed it - it is all of those things. Plus the embarrassment in front of family and friends. Not to mention being unable to pull my weight financially at home. I do thank you for your kind words though - I was prescribed an antidepressant, but really don't want to resort to meds just yet.

@jorgeb = I will certainly look into and aim for prelim surgery spots - thank you for that recommendation!! I did hear about the Missouri option, but I thought it was still in the works? Has it been approved for fmg's to start working as a 'PA' there now? I will look into this further as well.

Many thanks once again to everyone!!

Getting licensed will be difficult in many states with 8 attempts total.
What you guys are referring to is AP (Assistant Physician), and not Physician Assistant. For PA, you'll have to go to school again. Good luck!
What r the chance with step 1 211 step 2 232 2nd attempt, step 3 212, step 2 cs pass 1st attempt, yog 2012, 4 months of usce, with green card?
@Sympatetic , about the PA in Missouri I read it in a chat of usmleforum that the law has already passed but you will have to look into that.
About the state requirements for license , you can google "state requirements medical license " and click in the second option. You will find out that is only about half of the states that you will be able to get a license .
The statistics for the match results are all in NRMP historical reports and then click in match reports by state specialty and applicant type.
@samoo if I were you I would apply to PGY1 surgery preliminary with a personal statement stating that you want to do that year because that experience will help you to improve your CV and get a residency categorical position in FM or OB/gyn or whatever
Don't let your application face hardships.
Residency Edits has reviewed thousands of Personal Statements, CV/Resumes, and Letters of Recommendation.

Our professional editors have a combined 30+ years of experience assisting applicants in the Residency Match.
Our edits help neutralize red flags, highlight uncommon strengths, & overcome cultural hurdles.

Use the code "MATCHEDIT20" for a discount.
Submit your documents for a quote today http://residencyedits.com/index.php/services/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »