YOG-16 YEARS
STEP1-211
STEP2CK-195
STEP2CS-PASS
ALL PASSED in first attempt
10 years General Practice experience from India
one year Fam Med observer-ship in Canada
Need J1 visa
Will taking the step 3 make a huge difference...???
Otherwise how can i improve my chances for 2018 match
Thanks in advance to all kind souls on this great forum

Apply to a prelim surgery as a back up at least to a 40 programs . Apply to programs with more than 6 spots per year . If you don't have any good contacts you can end up applying year after year without matching , if you are a Caribbean grad you are in better shape but still is hard . Is kind of late now but There is nothing for you to loose , change your PS and apply for 20 prog if money is low .

Google "NRMP historical reports" then click on results and data 2015 PDF then you can see every program code and how many spots they have for first year , so when you search for surgery programs you can go by the codes and know which are for categorical and which are preliminary . The program's codes are 4 numbers then 440 that is for surgery and the a C for cat or a P for prel and one last number for example : 1104440P1 for prel surgery at Jackson memorial UM
In NRMP historical reports you can see that 40 % of spots in prel surgery ended up vacant . I think that if you get to be an intern in surgery , that will opens the doors for categorical position in FM or IM
Don't let your application face hardships.
Residency Edits has reviewed thousands of Personal Statements, CV/Resumes, and Letters of Recommendation.

Our professional editors have a combined 30+ years of experience assisting applicants in the Residency Match.
Our edits help neutralize red flags, highlight uncommon strengths, & overcome cultural hurdles.

Use the code "MATCHEDIT20" for a discount.
Submit your documents for a quote today http://residencyedits.com/index.php/services/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »