Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help? - addled
i didn't receive any interviews so far , is that normal ?
credentials?
What speciality you have applied for?
IM
@Addled, it's still early, most IMG gets interviews starting mid-October.
Just for comparison sake, last year it was October 15-16th is when interviews got sent out and started picking up and people kept getting a lot of interviews until the end of November.

If you want more information specifically about competitiveness, please post your step scores, visa requirements, USCE, Publications, LOR information and why you would think you would be a strong applications and I'll be happy to comment.
@randomguy91,
YOG 2011
STEP 1 207
STEP 2CK 217
CS 1ST ATTEMPT
USCE 1 M
OBSERVERSHIP 1M
NO VISA REQUIREMENT
DOING MASTERS IN AUTISM in u.s
APPLIED IN PAEDS
pub 1
Oral presentation 8 at my college

These are my credentials. What are my realistic chances.
@07152016

What speciality are you applying for? Also are those 8 Oral presentation just presentation on current management practices or summary of new articles? Oral presentations are more specific to research you've completed where it was presented to a group/forum for review.

However, looking at your current applications, you're 5 years out but not 10 years, and your step scores are low. If you apply to FM, you might be able to get 2-4 interviews. I would say, increase your UCSE, get better letters, and something that isn't mentioned here a lot is going to AAFP conferences and meeting with program directors there and talking to them. You might get lucky and get an extra 2 interviews. With 4 interviews chances of matching is about 30-40%.

However there is other factors such as how well you do on your interview, how well you present yourself, and how well your make connections so take that 30-40% with a grain of salt, it's just an average.
thanks a lot randomguy91 , wish u the best!
@randomguy91,
I have applied for Pediatrics.
My YOG i s 2011. Am I witHin 5 years cutoff YOG?
Many programs consider the YOG cutoff as being X years from your start date, not from the calendar year. For example, this year's start date is July 1, 2017, so you should subtract 5 years from there to get the YOG cutoff.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »